Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Stubborn Child

It's almost 5PM which means it's time to leave work and be yelled at for an hour. I did not bring a snack for the ride home and DJ does not like that one bit. He turns into the excorsist when he's tired AND hungry. One day we had this conversation:

DJ: I want a snack.
Me: I don't have a snack.
DJ: Don't say that to people! Don't tell people you don't have a snack!
Me: Uh... ok? What am I supposed to say DJ? I don't have a snack.
DJ: Don't say that! I want some bread.

Clearly this kid does not care one bit what I say. He switched gears and asked for bread in hopes that I would have that in my purse. Of course! What was I thinking?! Don't all moms carry a loaf of bread in their purse? Wish me luck. Hopefully today I can distract him enough to make him forget to ask for a snack. Lord knows he cannot have my apple. Yes, I hide snacks from my kid! He asks for it, licks it, nibbles, spits it back out only to say "I don't like it". I'm on Weight Watchers so the apple is mine DJ! Mine! Mine! Mine!

Sorry about that. Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment