Thursday, May 30, 2013

Outsmart the Kid & Drop Weight

I try really hard to be a "normal" parent. You know, textbook mom that is nurturing, caring, loving, stern when necessary, etc. But that's not possible when your child does not fit the mold! My 2 1/2 year old speaks in FULL sentences, so it throws a lot of options out the window.

This morning:

DJ: mmmooooommmmmmyyyyyyyy *sing songy*
Me: Yes DJ?
DJ: Mommmmyyyyyyyyyyy
Me: That's it. I'm changing my name. My name is no longer "Mommy"
DJ: Is your name Shanise?
Me:*grumpy cat face* Never mind. I'm "Mommy" again.

With other kids that would have gone over their head, upset them, or made them giggle. Not my child. Somehow he found out what my real name is, and he's fully prepared to use it if I don't answer to mommy. How can I compete with that?!

Today I had my Weight Watchers meeting, and I was sure the scale was going to groan when I got on it because this weekend was not my best work. Chocolate, baked Doritos (they sound healthier, but when you have 4 servings at a time), Memorial Day, candy, chocolate... more chocolate... you get the point. Well I was down .4lbs (woo hoo!)! I thought for sure I was up this week. It could be that Jillian Michaels DVD I did Tuesday that helped me lose the .4. Jillian Michaels really makes me hate her. She should just wear a pants suit because she never actually works out with you. She forces these poor brave souls to workout at unimaginable levels of difficulty all while she walks around and talks. I want to see her sweat! How am I to know that she actually works out and isn't just shoving her finger down her throat after dinner?? I want ACTION!
**Turns into Hulk and flips table**

Sorry about that. My inner Hulk aka Hulk-eisha bka LaHULKsha sometimes comes out. You'll get to know her pretty well.

No comments:

Post a Comment